Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been a while...

Mainly because I have been dealing/coping with my in-laws better in the last few months. However, in the last few weeks, I've been having a hard time. I'm not sure why, but I have been upset when they do stuff. To lighten the mood, let me share a funny statement by my husband.

My brother-in-law recently got married, and I knew my in-laws would compare me to her and our marriage to their marriage, etc. It still didn't make it any easier when it happened.

We got a postcard in the mail shortly after their wedding, and the dad talked about how they missed my husband at the wedding, but they understood. Really? You understand how horribly you've treated me and us and that we don't want to talk to you to protect ourselves from further harm? Oh, wait, that's right...you don't understand because you make stuff up in your head about what I've done and how my husband wants to have a relationship with you, but I won't let him (among other things you make up). Yeah, you definitely do not understand, so just stop trying to say you do.

They went on to say how his brother really hit a homerun with his new wife, how awesome they are together and how happy they are together. Great...score...it already starts. I know it may not seem like much, but it's all meant to hurt me/us, but mainly me. I mean...how do you think it makes me/us feel when for so long all they say about/to me/us is negative, negative, negative. Boo on them!

Then comes my hubby with a statement to try to help make me feel better. Here's what he said to me (not to his family or anything since it was only said through a postcard - but still sweet and funny anyway):

Really? He hit a homerun? Well I hit a grand slam. And not just any grand slam. It's game 7 of the world series, on the road/away game/hostage territory, bottom of the 9th inning, 2 outs, full count, my team's down by 3, bases loaded, and I hit a grand slam to win not only the game, but the world series.

Thanks sweet husband. :) Good thing I understand baseball! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment