Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yet Another Email

Here is another email we received. This was shortly before everyone (my husband, me, my parents, & my in-laws) was going to meet with our bishop. Our bishop really wanted to help, but it's going to take my in-laws recognizing their wrongs and changing how they treat us to help anything. Anyway, here is what it said:



Manipulation - Influence by cunning - Met with Bishop and sister
(lady who goes to church with them) yesterday, that is exactly what they said will happen with someone of this condition. (My husband), you and your bishop have fallen into this category. Sister (lady in their church) is very sorry to here your decisions, and is praying for you.
Hurt- feel or cause pain, Do harm to - This is what has happened to our relationship. The wounds are so deep that they cannot be mended. Your bishop has done this to mom, after telling her last night that her words are going unheard (in the bishop's handbook, it states that he cannot make judgement without knowing the whole truth. You have not told him the whole truth).
Injury - hurt, damage, or loss sustained - This is what you have allowed your wife to do to our family. Twenty-one years to build. Eight months to destroy.
Worthy - having worth or value - something that you have a lot of, but have been told otherwise by a previous Bishop. That is not something a current or previous bishop is supposed to tell someone when they have no supporting data to back it up.
Lose - fail to keep to or hold - After Thursday this is what has happened to Mom, Dad, (and my husband's siblings).
**Stake President is sorry to see such a great WORTHY young man, have such a difficult life ahead of him. He is also praying for you.
***I have explained to the new bishopric our situation. Everyone is praying for your safety and hoping you make good choices.
****We have asked your grandparents to keep you in their prayers.
*****As a family we are praying for your safety, and want good things for you (my husband). We are sorry we did not do a better job preparing you. We will have to be better examples for your brother and sisters and hope we do not lose them to.
We will always love you (my husband)






I'm not really in the mood to discuss how this made me feel. Just know that I was so hurt, and at this point (we had been married for about 10 months), I really started to believe these things they were saying about me were true. I truly believed I had some kind of disorder, but I have had it confirmed to me over and over again that I do not. Just notice the guilt and control they are trying to lay in to him in this email. Plus, how many people they brought in to it. I've always said what they see in me is themselves. I'm not sure why. Pretty much everything they said regarding these words - what I've done, or anyone else - was made up, or derived from them twisting something else. I hate how dishonest they are.

Soon, I'm going to make a post full of things I wish I could say to them - things that I just need to get out there. I hope y'all can see how awful this email is. It's wrong on so many levels. My husband got really upset about this and sent them an email back in the same format - defining words, and then elaborating on those words...all telling them the way they were acting was/is wrong. Well, that's all I really want to say. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and I honestly feel emotionally drained right now. I just thought I would posting something for y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment