Thursday, September 9, 2010

He called her

And it went well. He only talked to her for about 7 mins. She wasn't mean, she didn't say anything bad, or try to put us down or anything. He said he told her who it was, and she was like, "Oh," in a happy surprised kind of way. Then he said we knew where she was at college, and at first she got defensive and asked, "How do you know that?" But, he just reminded her that we still talk to people from their hometown. Then, she wasn't really bothered. He just told her that we're proud of her for going to college (it's where we both went for undergrad too), and that we want her to do well. He reminded her that even though it's really exciting there, that the school is really difficult, that you have to put a lot of work into it, and to not forget about school. He let her know that we always wanted to have a relationship with her but we weren't allowed to by other people, and we decided it wasn't safe anymore after we tried to contact her a few times (he reiterated this a lot). He emphasized how much I care about her, and how much I've missed her and love her. He even told her I've cried many times because I had to lose her because of other people, and I knew it was out of my control. I guess she started crying, but in a happy way - not a mad way. Then he just asked what she was studying and how she was liking it, about where she was living, if she had roommates, etc. Oh, he also said he knows she's heard a lot of things about me and us, but he wanted to remind her that those things aren't true, and she said, "I know that." I wonder if she really meant that she knows what she's hearing about us isn't true, or if she just didn't know what to say, so that's all she said. He also said, "You know (me) is a good person, right?" And she said, "Yeah, I do know that." And then he asked, "And you know I'm a good person, right?" And she said yes. And he asked her again to just please not believe those things about us then. And she said okay. I don't know if everything is genuine or not, but he felt like all she said was. Maybe she can't see it fully, and maybe she's confused and has conflicting thoughts in her head. I'm just happy she knows how much we have wanted to have a relationship with her, how much we love her, and how much we've missed her - because I know how much it's been drilled into her head that everything's my fault and this is what I've wanted (please, who would ever want this kind of thing with their in-laws? Definitely not me!). Knowing his dad, he'll take it and apply it to the whole family - the liar that he is. But...the only person I've missed is her. She's the only one that felt like family to me. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. He said she didn't say much...just a lot of yeahs, uh huhs, and I knows. She also said she loves both of us. Maybe we'll be able to have some kind of relationship with her. But, who knows...it's hard with the rest of his family.

Tomorrow, or sometime soon....I'm going to write about one of the most difficult things for me. It's the night we left their house when my husband was sick - the night we decided it wasn't safe for us to have anything to do with them. It's hard because it scares me. That night, I was terrified for my life. I still have nightmares about it. So, I'll try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment